Our Beginner patterns are suitable for anyone who knows how to sew, even if they haven’t done any garment sewing yet. You should know how to operate a sewing machine, be able to sew a straight line, and have some familiarity with basic sewing concepts (but we explain a lot of those in our instructions as well).
Articles in this section
- Are seam allowances included in the patterns?
- How do I pick the right size using your new split sizing?
- What cup size are Colette Patterns designed for?
- Converting US sizes
- US and metric size charts
- Can I open my pattern downloads on my iPad?
- Can I teach classes using your patterns?
- I am different sizes at my bust/waist/hips. Which size should I cut?
- Can I sell garments made from Colette Patterns?
- Do you have sizes smaller than 0?